Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Maserati Gran Cabriolet


Set to compete with Ferrari’s California it is a posers car that comes again with a fold away hard top. Now I am a big Maserati fan but I really do feel in this case they have just put a different body on the California and re-released it with a few less electronic tricks. Let me explain that statement. Ferrari is owned by the Italian giants Fiat, who also happen to own Maserati. Now I know with companies that own two cars they save money sometimes buy sharing some things but I honestly believe that in this case they just changed the bodywork and the Badge which is not a bad thing, it means the Gran Cabriolet is a great car. The cabriolet is not a great car in its own right which gave the history of these two competing cars lets me down. They reduced the horse power from 453 to 443 and added a second on the 0-60 time so they don’t directly match one another. Knocked the top speed down 20mph so it seems like they are not comparable but it is the same engine really, the same set up but the Maserati got sand bagged. I hope this is not something we will be seeing more of in the future as I want to see creativity and competition between the two great Italian cars pushing each other and really making people think which car I should buy!





No comments:

Post a Comment